Sunday, September 2, 2012

Starting The Routines Early

So I live in a pretty small place and alot of the time I find myself putting things off its not that big a deal. until there is 7 loads of laundry and not a single clean plate. granted its really not that much still it takes me no more then a day to get everything back into place organized by height facing the right direction and "retail displayed" as my boyfriend calls . k it might take me more then a day right now but that's just because Im pregnant and have to take a nap every 30 min. however the baby is comeing and somithing tells me stacks of dirty dishes and nasty floors are not what im going to be needing to deal with nor will I have a full day to dedicate to them so Iv started a cleaning routine.

Every Day- compleate the tasks

wash the dishes
Clean up food scraps
pickup wrappers trash and pet disasters
take out the trash 

Assigned Days- do any necessary touch ups to assigned room (organize vacuum baseboards ect)
Monday- kitchen
Tuesday- hall
wendsay-bathroom
thursday- bedroom
friday- closets

Weekly- do at least one load of laundry a week (pre baby that's actually all the laundry we have Im sure it will have to be adjusted post poo dispenser arrival)

Monthly- check for household repairs, pests, and skeleton closets (like my IDK where this goes drawers and the other half's corner of disrepair)

This is sitting inside a page protector On the front of the fridge with a dry erase marker next to it I just strike through the task when ever it is completed It doesn't really matter what time of day. As long as its done each day it stays under control and its been super helpfull.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After Connors arrival Ill be adding a changing and feeding chart. Not really a schedule just a way to mark it down and keep track so we can notice if anything goes off kilter.

Then once I get settled in with baby im going to start working out again nothing big Im thing about a mile run and a basic arms legs abs routine each day but it will just be on a list of daily activity's along with Connors tummy time and maybe even special pet time and daddy time just to keep myself from forgetting. Not actual assigned times just something to remind myself to get off my ass and do something special each day. also it feels surprisingly good to literally mark something off the list each day.

I think starting to get myself in order is pretty important anyway if Connor grows up seeing mommy doing what needs to be done it will be so much easier and more effective to tech him responsibility then sitting on the couch and screaming about how he needs to pull his weight.  
 


No comments:

Post a Comment